Stay organized with your personal checklist!
Moving stress can be avoided by making sure that you have everything taken care of ahead of time.
Here is a quick list of some things to do at least one/two months before you move:
- Book meeting with Lawyer.
- Change of address to friends & family, etc.
- Change of address to credit cards, cell phone, memberships, associations, etc.
- Change of address to OHIP, Driver's license, vehicle registration, financial institutions, employer, etc.
- Insurance - home, content and fire.
- Book a mover or contact friends & family.
- Utility transfers - gas, phone, hydro, water, cable, cell, internet, etc.
This list may help you keep all your information in one organized place* (including some important contact numbers)
* The Scottage Group would love to keep her information as accurate and current as possible but please note that this information may not be completely accurate and is meant to be used as a planning guideline only.
Moving will require a lot of planning, cleaning and organization but you can stay in control
One way of staying organized is to plan everything out. Keeping a checklist of your goals is one way to help keep you on track.
A list of all your furniture and household items, toys, gym equipment, etc can help you think about your plans for your move. Start by making a list and then decide what you wish to do with each item. Once you've completed the list, you will be ready to start the work. Following the list will help you stay on track with your wishes to keep, donate or sell all your items. The end result will be a reduction of your clutter and a clear focus on finding your new home.
Helping you is what we do
The Scottage Group would wants you to be confident in your choice to move. In today's fast paced lifestyle, it is time consuming to research everything that goes into purchasing or selling your cottage or home. Please send The Scottage Group an email to request any information or to make contact with an agent who is interested in making your Real Estate process less intimidating.
Here are a couple of printable checklists to help you with your planning process:
CAN YOU AFFORD TO MOVE THE SELLING & BUYING BUDGET ANALYSIS
YOUR HOUSEHOLD MONTHLY BUDGET